The term MOPA is actually an acronym for Master Oscillator Power Amplifier.
In traditional, single-chamber light sources, there is a trade-off between bandwidth and power, forcing you to choose between compromising performance or cost effectiveness. But with MOPA technology, you no longer have to compromise.
MOPA fiber lasers are much more reliable and efficient than previous laser technologies. With these laser systems, you know you are getting the best technology on the market.
A MOPA laser source is a great way to expand your marking capabilities and improve the quality of the marking results on certain plastics and metals. With a conventional fiber laser marker, markings on certain metals and plastics (especially if they are dark in color) can be less homogeneous and rich in contrast. The MOPA laser source is a great solution in these cases because it allows you to select pulse durations, which translates into a wider range of laser marking parameters and more marking options. As a result, the MOPA can laser mark plastics with higher- contrast and more legible results, mark (anodized) aluminum in black, and create reproducible colors on steel.
- – Less burning/melting in the edge area of metal engravings
- – Less heat development during annealing markings on metal, which leads to a better corrosion behavior
- – Creation of reproducible annealing colors on stainless steel
- – Black marking of anodized aluminum Controlled melting of plastics
- – Less foaming with plastics
- – More homogeneous and sometimes higher-contrast markings on some plastics
The advantages of the conventional fiber laser sources remain unchanged:
– no need for maintenance
– long life, typically 100,000 hours
– air cooling
– advantageous purchase price
There are a wide range of materials that are known to be colour mark-able including: stainless steel, titanium, chrome plate and transition metals. The specific material grades and surface finishes can have an impact on the marking process as can the thickness of the material.
Thanks to the MOPA technology, the pulse parameters can be effectively controlled.
To achieve a specific colour, our Fiber Laser(s) must be set at a specific speed (mm/s) and at a specific percentage power, processed at the same frequency (125 kHz, Waveform 3).
- – wavelength 1070nm, frequency from 1.6 to 1000KHz, impulse energy density 1mJ (selectable pulse duration 4,8,12,20,30,50,100,200ns)
- – Optical fiber length 3 meters
- – scanner head with deflected beam management and high performance X – Y galvanometers
- – IP54
- – expected lifetime 100.000 hours
The ergonomically positioned control unit with a main switch and status LED can be assembled to an upright or set in a horizontal position (desktop) or vertical position (tower), thanks to the arrangement of the supports, for easier integration with the production line
An independent control keypad can be positioned where it is most practical for the operator; a valid operating solution that is indispensable when performing laser marking “off line”